It’s All Plants So Eat Up! Yummy and Vegan.
I made this the other night when I hosted about 10 women for a Beautycounter party. It was a hit. I had never made it before but I WILL make it again! Super good and good for you! 😀
- 400 grams soft/silky tofu (small block)
- 3/4 cup raw cashew nuts (soaked in water overnight, then drain)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Avocado oil
- 3 cups fresh spinach (turns into1 cup cooked spinach)
- 1/2 cup artichokes, chopped
- 1 sm/medium red onion
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts (chopped)
- EVO drizzled
- Sprinkle with paprika and/or
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs mixed with 1/2 tsp EVO
1. Add the tofu, soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, vinegar and salt to a high-speed blender (such as a Vitamix) and blend until it forms a smooth puree. If the blender won’t spin, try adding a TINY bit of water (or coconut milk) at a time and use the tamper to help it along. The mixture should have the consistency of pudding.
2. Wash 3 cups of fresh spinach, then par-boil for about 2 mins. Drain and SQUEEZE out all the water. Chop. Should end up with about a full cup.
3. Add the oil, onions and garlic to a cast iron skillet and sauté over medium heat until the onions are a caramel brown color. Add the chopped water chestnuts, spinach and artichokes, sauté, to heat through.
4. Turn off heat and add the tofu/cashew puree. Stir well and smooth out in cast iron pan. Add Breadcrumbs. Slide cast iron skillet into the oven and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or until slightly brown on top.
5. Remove from oven. Lightly drizzle with EVO (optional) and sprinkle with paprika.
6. Serve with crusty bread, crackers or veggies.
*ENOY it’s ALL GOOD!!
November 18, 2019 Leave a comment