In a separate bowl combine: 1/2 cup honey (or maple syrup) 1/3 cup unrefined coconut oil (or 1/3 cup of vegetable oil) Pour over granola in bowl and stir well.
Spread granola out on a large, lined cookie sheet or two small ones. Bake at 250 F for 40 to 50 minutes. If you like it super crunchy and brown, leave it in a little longer. STIR every 15 mins to achieve an even color.
Remove from oven, sprinkle one or more kinds of dried fruit that you like over the granola. Stir. Options: raisins, dried cherries, craisins, dates etc. (The dried fruit gets too chewy if you bake it.)
Let cool and then put into your favorite fancy jar. ENJOY! It’s so yummy and so healthy for you. 😀
Chickpea Salad Sandwiches (a Forks Over Knives recipe)
* 1 15.5oz can chickpeas
* 3 Tbsp tahini*
* 2 tsp Dijon mustard (spicy or yellow)
* 1 Tbsp maple syrup
* ¼ cup red onions finely chopped
* ¼ celery finely chopped
* ¼ cup pickles (well drained)
* 1 tsp capers (well drained)
* sea salt to taste
* black pepper to taste
* 1 Tbsp roasted & unsalted sunflower seeds
* Your favorite bread, mine is sourdough!
* Place the well drained chickpeas in a mixing bowl and mash with a fork, leaving only a few beans whole.
* Add tahini, mustard, maple syrup, red onion, celery, pickles, capers, salt & pepper, and sunflower seeds to mixing bowl. Mix together. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
* Toast bread if desired, and prepare any other desired sandwich toppings (such as lettuce, tomato, and onion).
* Scoop a healthy amount of the chickpea salad (about ½ cup) onto one slice of bread, add desired toppings.
Notes: *Tahini (like the texture of peanut butter) is a condiment made from toasted ground hulled sesame. It is served by itself or as a major ingredient in hummus. Tahini is used in the cuisines of Eastern Mediterranean and parts of North Africa. It’s delicious!
*I like the texture of my Chickpea Salad not very mushy, so I drain everything well. If you would like yours more wet just add a little pickle juice or don’t drain everything as throughly.
*This Chickpea Salad is also tasty on a fresh bed of salad greens!